Translate

Saturday, January 30, 2016

(I met him) RIP,96: "Lennie Bluett Dead: 'Gone With the Wind' Actor Was 96 "- Hollywood Reporter

I JUST HAPPENED UPON A DONUT SHOP IN L.A. (los feliz area) one morning around 630am about 10 years & a black guy was sitting at a table & said something to me. I didn't know who he was but then I noticed a newspaper article on the wall behind him,about him. He was best known for a small part in Gone w/ the Wind,but he was also a musician then & now. He told me he was still performing & also talked about his movie experiences.
Turns out,this donut shop was his hangout of sorts. When I went back a few months later,there he was again. And we talked again. Nice enough guy.
He died on New Years Day,2016,age 96.
***
"
Lennie Bluett, an actor, singer and dancer who played a
Yankee soldier in Gone With the Wind and helped right a
wrong during production of the 1939 film, has died. He
was just a few days shy of his 97th birthday...."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lennie-bluett-dead-gone-wind-855592
Also
http://mynewsla.com/hollywood/2016/01/21/memorial-for-actorsinger-lennie-bluett-whose-credits-include-gone-with-the-wind/