Translate

Friday, November 28, 2014

RIP "Patricia Lee Waalkes (Gleason) (1937 - 1993) - Genealogy"

RIP "Patricia Lee Waalkes (Gleason) (1937 - 1993) - Genealogy":
This was the mother of one of my best childhood friends,Mike Waalkes. Patty Waalkes was also a teacher's aide at Alger elementary school where I attended for a few years. They lived on Mildred street,a block away from us,across from Alger school. The father/husband,Gordy,was a salesman,...first for Riddell,and later for Puma,..later in life,last time I saw him he was working behind the meat counter @ Boorsmas grocery (where I worked as a stocker for a few years as well during junior high) . Gordy was also involved with myself & Mike playing rocket football. He would always drive us to practice at Tower Park.Nice family. There was also Mike's sister,Teri. Mike went to our rival high school (Ottawa) & I went to Grand Rapids Christian. We had one memorable meeting as opponents. He was quarterback & I was strong safety, & I INTERCEPTED him! But they ended up beating us (barely). Even later on,Mike attended Western Mich Univ & lived with one of my Christian High friends,Rick Byle (RIP). Mike married a gal named Jill & has kids & still lives in WestMich. God bless the Waalkes family.
http://www.geni.com/people/Patricia-Waalkes/6000000003457683484