Translate

Sunday, November 30, 2014

(Grandmother of Jack Holwerda's Wife) RIP"Madlen M. Ullery Obituary: View Madlen Ullery's Obituary by Grand Rapids Press"

JackHolwerda Jr was a childhood friend of mine. I remember going to a Clash concert with him in Grand Rapids before we could drive (his mom dropped us off & picked us up) . I remember going goose hunting with him; also deer hunting. He visited us in California twice. He was my roommate at two different houses. I remember watching Magum PI at his house on Mulford. Big family,all girls but Jack. I remember his yellow thunderbird & later a red thunderbird. I rode bikes with him from central Florida to Key West. He was also with me when I got hit by a car as we were riding bikes near the Kent County Airport. We also worked together at Boorsmas grocery. I visited his mom & dad in Fort Myers. We were classmates from elementary thru college. And the list goes on. Really a good guy,but like all of us had a few vices,...his was tempermental,very possessive. I once borrowed a shirt from his closet & he left notes that made it obsessively clear that I was NOT welcome to borrow a shirt . When riding in his car,I almost had to remove my shoes before entering.Little things could set him off. He loosened up later in life but by that time I was out-of-Michigan. Hope all is well for him & family now.
http://obits.mlive.com/obituaries/grandrapids/obituary.aspx?pid=172346296